Bread (Baguette) Butter Pudding
For Bread Butter Pudding
½ stick baguette – thinly sliced
Butter (enough to butter baguette slices and baking dish)
2 can evaporated milk (1 can for bread butter, 1 can for custard)
½ cup Sugar (¼ cup for bread butter, ¼ cup for custard)
1 tsp Vanilla Essence
50 gm walnut
50 gm almond
25 gm sultanas
1 can evaporated milk
100 gm custard powder
50 gm corn flour
¼ cup sugar
50 gm butter
1. Preheat oven to 160 degrees C
2. Lightly grease a large baking dish
3. Cut baguette thinly and lay in dish for the best fit (you can be decorative but make sure the whole base is evenly covered)
4. In a large mixing bowl beat 4 eggs and add milk gradually.
5. Add vanilla essence, sugar and continue to mix with whisk for 1-2 minutes or until thoroughly mixed.
6. Pour mixture over to cover baguette. Let the baguette become soft.
7. Sprinkle walnut, almond, orange zest and sultanas on top.
8. Place in oven and cook for 60 - 90 minutes (check every now and again).
9. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving with custard.
10. Mixed milk, custard powder, corn flour, butter and sugar in pot. Stir well on stove.
11. Sliced bread butter pudding and pour custard on top.